Fucking 8520 hell ride.

Im fucking fed up at the moment.
PFG135... Cheapo motors arrive today so I cant help myself. I hunker down and install the camera. It smokes as soon as I plug it in.
So, I shake it off and continue, remove old motors and install new ones.
The shaft is bigger than 1mm, so I dont have any props for it.
Furthermore, I dont think there are props available for this anywhere as ALL OTHER 8520 motors in the known universe are 1mm diameter shafts.
So... I wanna kill myself.

1. For not researching brushless 1S before investing in this 135mm frame Racerstar 8520 and KK props. That money would have benn better spent in trying to crawl out of this fucking brushed motor hellride I have been on with the QX90. I have been trying to improvise, adapt, and overcome with this this retarded bundle of broken shit for how long? We will see what happens with the Racerstars, but going thru all the BS with this thing break down and rebuild tweak to infinity.... only  to have an underpowered craft. Fuck that shiznit.

I WANT THE FUCK OUT OF BRUSHLESS.
Is it nirvana?

I am going to buy some 1103 or 0705 motors and FC and see what I can do with that and 1S batteries. It certainly cannot be worse than this retarded and frustrating situation.
Being at this place of contemplation I might ask myself honestly whether further sideways upgrades are really the way to go and if I should just get a leader 120 / 2s type setup.
I dunno. Fuck the workbench today, it is a cursed place of bad luck and broken dreams.




I drilled a bunch of props out with the dremel and flew it. It was awesome. Same power to weight and flight characteristics of Boss series. I tuned it to stock, and then to NFE settings for whoop, and it flew like a dream and had extraordinary power.
First battery downstairs a crash results in the bottom popping off a motor. I only bought 4, and they are this weirdo shaft size so it's game over AGAIN. I don't usually think of curses as being real but I am starting to wonder.
What the fuck is going on?

I need something more robust. I LOVE working on these things, but I cannot deal with it breaking everytime I look at it despite much effort. The racerstar version of this craft is gonna have more protection.

Is an 1103-1104-0705 type of situation gonna be more resilient? Motor life should be longer right?
Tonight I also realized that Propellers are gonna be a problem because all of those hubsan and ladybird style spare I have are all VERY thin and brittle. The "Ladybird" props that I have been using are actually Eachine QX911 (QX-XX Series) props that I have have since getting the QX90.
Much tougher than the others, and more expensive at $2.60 a set. Worth every penny. I must stock up on these. The others are a scam and a pretty good reason to wonder whether brushless props are tough too. Faaaccckkkk.

Comments

Popular Posts