Why am I still fucking with Silverware?

This is beta fpv light board number two. Yesterday I made a harness for the beecore Lite flight controller only to find out that the very large pads at the top of the board that are labeled for flashing, are not for that at all and that the very tiny pads unmarked, on the bottom side of the flight controller other ones used for flashing. It's like false advertising. To add insult to injury I made one of the finest pigtails of my life pre-wrapped and pretend the camera wires to it and proceeded to the pretend pads on a flight controller to connect the ground and power to. The ground pad will not accept solder or wire at any heat with any amount of flux. But strangely, the designers have put another set of pads right next to the first set of pads which I guess I need to try. But in the process of trying to cook it to the board I ruined the pigtail and had to disassemble the camera wires. And now I realize that I will have to physically solder the wires to the center of flight controller underneath two very small pads to try to flash it. Which means I will only ever want to do this one time that's not how I roll. I'm a tweaker, and silverware is a fast-moving software project that warrants frequent reflash is due to significant updates.


Okay. Simply looking at the beecore Lite flight controller at this point makes me sick, so I decided to go back to the beta fpv Lite flight controller that they sent to replace the first one, at least it doesn't make me sick to my stomach when I look at it.

Ok.  Pigtail installed, bind test original FW, flashing leads attached, flashed 1X= No bind. Download latest FW, change expo to zero, PIDS to 7mm, filter to strong. Re flash, successful bind!😃


Also: leaded solder + flux = winning.


Comments

Popular Posts