Couldn't wait. FET transplant on E011

So, I fried three E011 FC's recently. Someone said "thats fixable" so I started digging, figured out that it was a FET... Tried to swap it out with a soldering iron which didnt work and then got on youtube and found out what a hot air station was.... Ordered a $23 station and have been practicing with it while waiting for the new transistors to arrive. I knew that today was the day after flying the Boss 7 some more. Its my favorite quad, but its insanely fast. After flying it exclusively for all this time I would like to try the inductrix again. Being able to turn on a dime and bounce off walls again is quite attractive. Plus I really just wanna give that hot air station a try for reals.

So three dead FC's... one that I stripped down, and two with burnt FETS.
I swapped a FET into the board with the ST LINK installed. Was pretty straightforward.
I was thinking about all that I had watched on youtube and....

















fluxed the pads
cleaned the pads with with wick
applied teeny tiny amounts of solder paste to the pads
fluxed the pads
fidgeted forever getting the donor FET in place
start Hot air @ 450c
fet blows away when solder melts
fidget more
apply heat from further away and bear down a bit.
watch solder bead up and shift around.




Its very crooked, ugly and retarded , but I think everything is making proper contact.
Now im gonna flash and fly.



Comments

Popular Posts